Thread: What is VTAP10?

Default What is VTAP10?

Hi guys. So I have my Max 10 development kit installed and am checking to be sure I have the drivers installed properly.
    Quartus Prime 17.1 is running fine.

But now I have what seems to be a problem.

The Intel Max10 Dev board runs the included board software OK, when it comes to using the programmer, I have questions.

I have been able to get a simple design to program and run, but only after fiddling with 'auto-detect', and removing a detected hardware called VTAP10.
    There is no VTAP10 showing up in the tutorial demo I followed, but the tutorial was using 15.0.

I could use a little help.
    What is VTAP10 and how does it fit into the picture?
    Is the VTAP10 hardware part of the Altera/Intel Development board, or am I looking at a bad USB-blaster driver install or other mess up?
    What documentation should I reference to understand this part better? Thanks for your help.

Default Re: What is VTAP10?

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyZDSP View Post
    Is the VTAP10 hardware part of the Altera/Intel Development board, or am I looking at a bad USB-blaster driver install or other mess up?
    What documentation should I reference to understand this part better?
    Yes, it is virtual JTAG device is provided within the Onboard USB-Blaster II and it provides access to diagnostic hardware and board identification information.
    Refer MAX 10 FPGA Development Kit User Guide for “VTAP” & bellow thread,

https://www.altera.com/en_US/pdfs/li...ga-dev-kit.pdf
    http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49595

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards
    Vikas Jathar
    Intel Customer Support – Engineering
    (Under Contract to Intel)