Thread: HPS BFM simulation error

Default HPS BFM simulation error

Hi,

When I tried to run the BFM Simulation Example from (https://www.altera.com/support/suppo...s-axi-bfm.html), I got an error saying that cannot compile export_tramp.so. The error message is as the following. What is the file "export_tramp.so"? I don't see it in any of the Verilog file or simulation script. Why the vsim invoke gcc? Based on the error message, should I install a 32-bit glibc? Thanks!

eval vsim -t ps $ELAB_OPTIONS -L work -L work_lib -L altera_common_sv_packagess -L border -L id_pad -L hps_io -L fpga_interfaces -L rst_controller -L mm_intercconnect_0 -L hps_0 -L demo_axi_memory_0 -L HPS_h2f_axi_sim_inst_reset_bfm -L HPS__h2f_axi_sim_inst_clk_bfm -L HPS_h2f_axi_sim_inst $TOP_LEVEL_NAME
    # vsim -t ps -L work -L work_lib -L altera_common_sv_packagess -L border -L id_pad -L hps_io -L fpga_interfaces -L rst_controller -L mm_intercconnect_0 -L hps_0 -L demo_axi_memory_0 -L HPS_h2f_axi_sim_inst_reset_bfm -L HPS__h2f_axi_sim_inst_clk_bfm -L HPS_h2f_axi_sim_inst HPS_h2f_axi_sim_tb
    # Start time: 20:54:15 on May 15,2018
    # ** Warning: ** Warning: (vsim-7032) The 32-bit glibc RPM does not appear to be installed on this machine. Calls to gcc may fail.
    #
    # ** Warning: ** Warning: (vsim-7032) The 32-bit glibc RPM does not appear to be installed on this machine. Calls to gcc may fail.
    #
    # ** Fatal: ** Error: (vsim-3827) Could not compile 'export_tramp.so': cmd = '/bin/gcc -shared -fPIC -m32 -g -I. -I"/home/qiqiu/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ae/include" -I"/home/qiqiu/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ae/../oem/include" -o "/tmp/qiqiu@lcs-vc-linux-01_dpi_29610/linuxpe_gcc-4.8.5/export_tramp.so" "/tmp/qiqiu@lcs-vc-linux-01_dpi_29610/linuxpe_gcc-4.8.5/export_tramp.S"'
    # (vsim-50) A call to system(/bin/gcc -shared -fPIC -m32 -g -I. -I"/home/qiqiu/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ae/include" -I"/home/qiqiu/intelFPGA/17.1/modelsim_ae/../oem/include" -o "/tmp/qiqiu@lcs-vc-linux-01_dpi_29610/linuxpe_gcc-4.8.5/export_tramp.so" "/tmp/qiqiu@lcs-vc-linux-01_dpi_29610/linuxpe_gcc-4.8.5/export_tramp.S" >'/tmp/questatmp.0CZnVC' 2>&1) returned error code '1'.
    # The logfile contains the following messages:
    # /bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
    # /bin/ld: cannot find -lc
    # /bin/ld: cannot find crtn.o: No such file or directory
    # collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Daixiwen is offline Moderator **Forum Master**

Default Re: HPS BFM simulation error

It looks like Modelsim compiling and using a shared library, maybe to emulate the ARM processor? From the look of it it looks like you need the 32-bit glibc to compile that library.
    Definition of a man-year: 730 people trying to finish the project before lunch

Default Re: HPS BFM simulation error

Quote Originally Posted by Daixiwen View Post
    It looks like Modelsim compiling and using a shared library, maybe to emulate the ARM processor? From the look of it it looks like you need the 32-bit glibc to compile that library.
    Thanks. I installed the 32-bit glibc and it does help! However, I got another error SAYING "Failed to find user specified function 'axi_data_resp_Complete_Join_SystemVerilog' "

Is this something related to the license? I'm running Modelsim_ae with license.