Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aoc cannot find valid licences file

Default Re: aoc cannot find valid licences file

Hello, this is the message I get:

Could not acquire a valid license for the Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM).
    Error: Verilog generator FAILED

With respect to "quartus_sh_compile.log", I cannot find it. I guess it is generated by Quartus, while I'm running command line.

Despite I cannot compile for synthesis, I can compile for emulation.

My License file seems to be ok and available:

$ echo $LM_LICENSE_FILE
    /home/harp/intelFPGA/LICENCIA/1-G9LVJF_License.dat

But, the most important thing is that the license works for Quartus. There seems to be a problem with OpenCL as a "secondary product" to Quartus.

I found the license problem with 2 different projects: the vector_addition example; and another one provided by the HARP guys.

It's maybe a matter of starting a service request?

Roberto

If you get license error, the compilation will not start, so there will be no log.
    If you already tried creating a dummy interface and it still doesn't work, then there is probably no choice but to open a service request with Altera.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto_udc View Post
    Hello all,

(...)
    BTW, I'm trying to compile for the HARP system.

Best,

Roberto
    Is this the name of the board make? If so, could you please give a link to their website? If not, what is the target board? Please take it into account that v. 17 of Quartus as well as of the OpenCL SDK are not compatible with every board supported by v. 16. For example, the highest version compatible with the Terasic DE1-SoC board is 16.1. Also, just to check this matter: you managed to compile a VHDL example, but did you try to program the FPGA on your board? If so, did you succeed?

Thanks for your comment, but I'm pretty sure that I'm using a compatible version. Yet, I only compiled the VHDL test, I didn't generate the bitstream or program the device. That would require me to do some extra work.

With respect to the board, Intel-Altera produce a hybrid Xeon-FPGA system, which they offer to researchers for testing within the HARP program.

Quote Originally Posted by HRZ View Post
    Make sure the "LM_LICENSE_FILE" path is correct in your bashrc. If you are using Quartus v17.0, but acquired your license before v17.0 was released, you might need to request a new license from Altera. We were using the same license all the way from v15.0, but v17.0 rejected those licenses, so we had to acquire new ones. Also if you are on the v17.0 branch, make sure you are using v17.0.2; the latest update claims to have fixed some issue with valid licenses being rejected.
    I suggest a sticky post with FAQ (Frequently asked questions) because the forum is crowded of this kind of issues. Also would be a good idea if we can make a guidelines in order to orient the persons to achieve the desired projects.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto_udc View Post
    Thanks for your comment, but I'm pretty sure that I'm using a compatible version. Yet, I only compiled the VHDL test, I didn't generate the bitstream or program the device. That would require me to do some extra work.

With respect to the board, Intel-Altera produce a hybrid Xeon-FPGA system, which they offer to researchers for testing within the HARP program.
    That extra work would just be to check the compatibility of Quartus 17 with your board. Concerning the OpenCL SDK and the BSP for your board, this document gives detailed installation instructions for the Xeon-FPGA system, but refers to v. 16.0.2 of both Quartus and the OpenCL SDK. Did you follow instructions given by a similar document yet updated to v. 17 of the software?