Thread: the first code in C++ in Quartus II 13.0sp1 (64-bit) Web Edition

Default the first code in C++ in Quartus II 13.0sp1 (64-bit) Web Edition

After Regards ,,
    I am a beginner in the use of FPGA ALTERA Cycllone II what are the steps to start writing simple code in C language and its implementation please help you friends .

Default Re: the first code in C++ in Quartus II 13.0sp1 (64-bit) Web Edition

Hi Mohkredi

Download Cyclone II Kit for Demonstrations files and go through the documents.
    Check for simple example like:Hello world for coding

Click 1 2

Best Regards,
    Anand Raj Shankar
    (This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

i need the steps to write simple code in C or C++ example : sum of matrix element

Quote Originally Posted by mohkredi View Post
    i need the steps to write simple code in C or C++ example : sum of matrix element
    It is unclear what your goal is. Are you looking to write C/C++ code that runs on a processor subsystem instantiated in an FPGA (like NIOS or SOC), or are you expecting to write C/C++ code that is compiled directly to FPGA logic cells / hardware?

If the former, there are NIOS soft core processors available for the Cyclone II FPGA (and development boards which I suspect you would be using). However, this is not really using an FPGA to be an FPGA; what you would be doing is just running C code on a processor. You could do that on an Arduino board for much less cost, and a much simpler environment.

Otherwise, if you want to run something that looks like C/C++ on an FPGA, then you might explore the OpenCL environment that is available for some FPGA boards (however not Cyclone II I believe, but I could be wrong). Google 'altera opencl' to get lots of links to doing this.

Here's the first link I come up with: https://www.altera.com/products/desi.../overview.html so you might want to start there.

thank you
    yes i want to write code C++ or C on processor NIOS i use board Cyclone II , Can i use NIOS to implement Deep learning algorithms like Deep Belife network algorithm in FPGA ?? What steps do I need to help you?

Quote Originally Posted by mohkredi View Post
    thank you
    yes i want to write code C++ or C on processor NIOS i use board Cyclone II , Can i use NIOS to implement Deep learning algorithms like Deep Belife network algorithm in FPGA ?? What steps do I need to help you?
    I am not familiar with those specific class of algorithms, but you can run C/C++ programs using the NIOS soft processor on a CycloneII based board. However, be aware the processor is limited in performance (better than an Arduino, not better than a single/dual core ARM on a SOC). Depending on the board design and NIOS system implementation there may be program size restrictions (I am assuming that your algorithms are probably very memory intensive).

As far as helping me, there is nothing further I need. You however need to do a lot of reading and research.