Thread: ModisUltra

Thumbs up ModisUltra

Hello everyone. I have a Altera cyclone IV EP4CE15F23CBN
    G BCAAA1607E
    This motherboard routes a back door for an SD card.
    It states 50 HRSG2. I've been doing research about it all day long. This altera motherboard is backed up by snap on inc. The Update prices and features for the scanner are OUTRAGES.
    I would like to know where can I find any resources about the SD CARD the product name brand is MODIS ULTRA.
    ANY techs willing to help would be incredible thank you.

Tricky is offline Moderator **Forum Master**

Default Re: ModisUltra

What is the board? Is it an altera board or some other company? Of it is a proprietary product, you need to contact them.

Yes, it is a propretiary board developed by snap on. We are talking about 6k scanner that evolves nearly 1500 2000 dollar updates which is an excessive scam. When I ought to fund out about this the snap on franchise wants to take my scanner in and return it within 2-3 Months after having a sd card inserted ?! I can't find any research about the product, not whatsoever any. Other then the snap on inc. Website. That, doesn't provide and sufficient sources other then letting you know they're money hungry vultures.

Then your problem is nothing to do with altera, and likely nothing you can do. Snap on have made a board using an Altera FPGA, like 1000s of other companies. Only they are likely to know how their FPGA is programmed and what it does. Many of these companies make more money on the servicing and upgrade plans rather than hardware because the R&D costs are so high, with low sales volumes.
    Im not exactly sure what you want us to do for you? Only Snap on will have access to their schematics and source code.

Thank you for the information. Nevertheless I only want to see if anyone had knowledge or whereabouts when it comes to SD cards regarding this motherboard. I have an upgrade set up they want to charge me 1500 for a SD card when recently I paid a 560 dollar upgrade. I'd like to find out how many mg. Bites the software uses and the differential between these sd cards compared to other ones.

Are they providing software on the SD Card? more than likely you are paying for the software rather than the SD card.

I took pictures of the software
    Attached Images Attached Images

Altera label

Housing unit for the sd card

You cannot take a picture of the software. That is the hardware. The software is the program that runs on the machine. Which I assume is provided on the SD card.