Thread: NIOSII SBT (eclipse Mars) corresponded with quartus 17.1 pro crushes often

Default NIOSII SBT (eclipse Mars) corresponded with quartus 17.1 pro crushes often

Hello,
    I am using NIOS2 SBT (based on eclipse Mars) which is part of quartus 17.1.2.304 Pro and it crushes quite often (at last once every hour) - it happens on more than 1 pc (at least 3 different PCs and laptops).
    more than that, one time after a crash - the eclipse didnt start up and i received an error in sbt log file about workspace error, i was tryng to remove workspace folder, restart the computer with no positive results so i uninstalled the quartus and installed again.

my OS is win7 64bit

it makes developing not easy and i would like to know if there's a solution for the SBT crashes issue.

thanks,
    Ran

Default Re: NIOSII SBT (eclipse Mars) corresponded with quartus 17.1 pro crushes often

Have you tried creating a new workspace somewhere else? Perhaps the workspace is corrupted.

Default Re: NIOSII SBT (eclipse Mars) corresponded with quartus 17.1 pro crushes often

Quote Originally Posted by sstrell View Post
    Have you tried creating a new workspace somewhere else? Perhaps the workspace is corrupted.
    Yes, i was trying to change workspace path and create new workspaces but it still crushes very often

Hi,

Have you tried any other simple projects?
    Let us know if you are still facing the problem with new projects.
    Can you share your project?

Best Regards,
    Anand Raj Shankar
    (This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

Thank you for this suggestion! I had been hunting for why a symbol defined in system.h (in the BSP) is not able to be resolved by the Eclipse compiler. It must have been because my workspace was corrupted ... starting over from scratch in a new workspace, importing existing project, worked like a charm. Now the question is, how in the world does a workspace become corrupted (when I'm just doing normal stuff)? Sigh.

THANK YOU for helping me to solve my problem. Your suggestion should be a highlight somewhere, rather than buried in this thread.

Cheers --todd